Sunday, December 30, 2012

a thought on the highway

warm asphalt beneath my feet
they stared at this odd one
but i am unfazed by their dejection
i left these grays till there are none

nothing left save the empty stretch of highway orange
it's splendour opened to me in an eerie glow
i stood there feeling the earth pulse under me
a pulse more familiar than i know

i took a deep breath and ran
ran till my body hurts and my lungs are weak
but i'll continue to run till my feet catches wind
towards the burning star i seek

o bright one, reignite these bones
and fill them once more with fiery life
for the loss of wonder and innocence
in the cold world's unforgiving strife

if not then let me burn
burn great and burn bright
consume me whole and leave no ashes
in your everlasting pure light

No comments:

Post a Comment