Friday, April 16, 2010

just a story

one fine day, i sat upon a tree
in the company of a little fairy
tiniest of tiny was she
and goes by the name of 'cherrybee'
then from afar we did see
something bright and shiny
upon closer look we saw
maliced glee with golden claws
and in the shadows It spoke
"little fairy on the oak
won't you come down to play with me?
i am oh so very bored and lonely"
cherrybee turned to me and said
"by fairy law, i must not deny the dead
but promise me before night turns to light
you will have me back in sight"
i bent down low to face her
and gently whispered in her ear
"your safety i swear by my sword
in my honour, i give you my word"
she left me and went into the shadow
i sat silently and watched her go
i did not move as long as she was gone
and waited till the coming of dawn
i then clutched my sword, lorelei
and with hurried feet, i was on my way
wise was my dear cherrybee
to leave trails of clues for me
across rivers and forests i did leap
an oath in my heart i was determined to keep
following the clues that cherrybee gave
i came upon a deep dark cave
inside, cherrybee was trapped in a cage
made of sorrow essence and rage

"release her, you foul undead
lest lorelei severes your head"

the beast then grew in size and form
in It, i felt a thundering storm
i gathered my courage and charged into the fight
the battle lasted two days and night
golden claws struck mortal flesh
blow for blow and clash for clash
lorelei claimed her share of blood too
till golden claws ran me through
i caught Its hand whilst still embedded in me
with one final blow, i severed head from body
then silently, It lay wasted at my feet
and that was the end of It
weakened, drained and bleeding still
i summoned all strength and will
i managed to free my dear cherrybee
and we slowly made it back to our tree
on that fine day, i sat upon our tree
just me and a fairy called 'cherrybee'
i laid lorelei down and with one last breath
i bid her goodbye and hello to Death.

No comments:

Post a Comment